Soon it’ll be 90 degrees outside. While we may enjoy being outside in the warmer weather, we don’t want that to be the time our heating & cooling system goes out. While we have you covered any time of the year your unit quits running, we also want to help you recognize the signs of when it’s breaking or may need replacing. Right now, before it gets too hot, is the perfect time to make sure your unit is running properly. According to Energy Star, there are 9 reasons to replace your heating and cooling equipment. We would like to cover a few of the more obvious reasons.
- Your Heat Pump/Air Conditioner Is More Than 10 Years Old– If you’re already having to invest in expensive repairs and your unit is more than 10yrs old, it may be time for you to consider replacing it. Replacing it with a newer, more efficient unit will save you money in the long run.
- Your Energy Bill Keeps Going Up- Your bill will naturally rise during the seasons change from fall to winter and spring to summer. However, if it keeps rising and you cannot figure out why, it’s time to call in the professionals!
- Your Unit Uses R-22 Refrigerant or Freon- As explained in our previous blog, “R-22 Refrigerant & What HOMEOWNERS Need to Know,” we talk about how R-22 has been banned and will be 99.5% phased out by 2020 and banned from further production. As of right now, R-22 costs over $100 per pound! This can quickly add up to very costly simple repairs.
- Some Rooms In Your House Are Too Hot, Too Cold Or Your Home Has Too Much Humidity- Poor equipment operation, improper equipment, duct problems or inadequate insulation could be the cause. Any of these could cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- You Have Frequent Repairs- If your unit can’t keep up, if parts keep breaking, if your unit is making too much noise and you have to keep calling the repair company, it may be time for a replacement.
- Your Score on Home Energy Yardstick is below 5- This means your energy use at home is above average. You are probably paying more than you need to on your energy bill.
If you read any of these and even think you might need your system to be replaced, don’t worry. At AAA-1 Heating & Cooling,We DO NOT want you to overpay for a new system! Here’s a few reasons why you need to give us a call!
- We Give *FREE* Estimates On System Replacements
- We Have A *FREE* 5 Year Labor Contract With Every Full System Married With Amana’s Great Limited Lifetime Warranties.
- We Have Great Financing Options That Can Get Homeowners A New System For $75-$100 A Month.
So why wait until the middle of the Summer when it’s 90 degrees & all the HVAC service companies are booked 3-4 weeks out? Make the change now and save money every month starting on your next electric bill. 423-416-2221 (AAA1)