Looking for different ways to save energy, save money on your heating costs and stay warm? You’ve come to the right place! Here are a few of our favorites ways.
1) Dress for cold weather- It may sound silly, but it’s one of the easiest ways to save. Dress in layers, wear house shoes, or even add a hat.
2) Decorate for Warmth- This is one of our favorite ways to make your home feel to feel warm and cozy! We’re talking insulated curtains, rugs on your floors, flannel sheets, warm blankets on your couches!
3) FREE Solar Heating- Open those curtains and let the sun warm your home! Close those insulated curtains at night to keep the heat in.
4) Kitchen & Bathroom Fans-They might suck out bad smell, but they also suck out a lot of your warm air. Use these sparingly.
5) Reverse Your Fans- Since we’re talking about fans, let’s talk about flipping those ceiling fans in reverse. Since heat rises, this is an easy way to push that heat back down and circulate it through the area.
6) Change Your Filter- I know, I know, we mention this a lot. But here’s why, It’s SO important. A dirty filter leads to your heat pump working harder, which will raise your energy bill. Also, if not changed regularly, it gets really dirty and circulates that dirt in your home.
7) Turn the Thermostat Down- A couple of degrees can make a big difference! An easy way to do this is to have a programable thermostat that is set to adjust the temperature when you’re gone or when you’re asleep. If you’re cold, refer to number #1 & #2 (flannel sheets y’all!)
8) Keep Your Vents Clear- Make sure nothing is covering your vents. That way you can get the full heating experience.
9) Close the Fireplace Damper- When you’re not using your fireplace, close the damper. That way all that warm air doesn’t escape.
10) Get a Tune-Up (Preventative Maintenance)- Another subject we’re fond of. Why? Because this is the easiest way to keep your furnace and heat pump running to the best of it’s ability. When things run smooth, you don’t have to worry. It’s also a great way to see if anything is failing. I don’t know about you, but we would rather pay for a part instead of a whole new unit. Did you know that some manufacturers will not uphold their warranties on their units if you don’t get tune-ups? You get an oil change in your car to help keep it going. So why not make sure your unit is running properly for around the same price as some oil changes?
Looking for other ways to save? Does your unit need to be replaced? Call us & let us give you a FREE estimate on a new Amana system that includes financing and 10yr labor. 423-416-2221