If you follow our social media, you probably notice we like to talk about tune-ups (i.e. preventative maintenance) a lot. It’s not only because they’re very important but also because they’re a very easy, inexpensive way to take care of your unit. If you’re part of the large part of people who didn’t even know you needed to do preventative maintenance to your HVAC units, that’s ok. We’re here to help you!
The average lifespan of a new HVAC unit is 10-15yrs.
As stated previously, tune-ups are very important to help extend the life of your unit.If you’re going to spend all that money putting in a new system, don’t you want it to last as long as it can before having to replace it? It also helps catch small parts from breaking rather than waiting until the entire unit doesn’t work. Those small parts can be replaced with a fraction of the cost that a new unit would cost.
If that doesn’t make you want to schedule a tune-up, let us show you 6 more reasons why you should schedule one in the Spring!
1) AVOID THE RUSH- Summer and Winter are the busiest seasons in the HVAC business. With the heat rising and cold dropping quickly, units have a hard time keeping up. Scheduling in the off seasons, Spring and Fall, means you probably wont’ have to wait long for an appointment.
2) EXTENDED HVAC LIFESPAN- We briefly discussed this before, but it’s so important, we’re going to say it again! Annual maintenance is a must to keep your system running at peak efficiency. After long winter months, you want to make sure your unit is properly lubricated and clean. This also helps prevent breakdowns and costly replacements.
3) REPLACES ANY WORN PARTS- Speaking of HVAC breakdowns…raise your hand if you want to deal with one in the middle of the summer heat?…Anyone? No?…Exactly! No matter how durable machines are designed to be, parts do eventually wear out. Making an appointment in Spring can allow your HVAC technician to identify worn parts before you are left to deal with the summer heat.
4) IMPROVED AIR QUALITY- Think of how it feels the first time you get to open your window in the Spring to let fresh air in. *sigh* In the winter, our homes tend to get pretty stuffy. HVAC systems, when properly maintained can help with that. Spring Tune-Ups can help take care of clogged air filters, dust buildup and other issues.
5) KEEPS HOME OWNERS UP TO DATE WITH HVAC NEWS- Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The free-on R-22 is not being made anymore and going to be obsolete in 2020! If your unit uses R-22 or your unit is 12+yrs old, it’s time to think about a replacement! Especially since the imposed stiff tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum. Now may be the time to consider a replacement before cost of equipment and/or the interest rates jump. This means it will cost more to purchase and finance units. (You can read more about that here: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/business/trump-tariffs.html)
6) PEACE OF MIND- By the time school gets out, summer comes, vacations are planned, fun is scheduled, one thing you won’t have to worry about is your HVAC system. Why? Because you already got it over with! You can enjoy the hottest days without worry!
If you’re still reading, then we know that you’re thinking a Spring Tune-Up just might be a good idea! We couldn’t agree more! We have a GREAT deal for you!
If you think you need to skip the tune-up all together and head straight to replacement, we have a GREAT deal for you too!!
- We Give *FREE* On-Site Estimates On System Replacements
- We Have Great Financing Options That Can Get Homeowners A New System For $75-$100 A Month.